We are seeking a full-time?Team Leader Test Hardware Design Engineering?located in our Olathe, KS location. In this role, you will be responsible for?leading and growing a team responsible for independently designing and developing complex test hardware to enable factory and compliance testing of Garmin aviation products.
* Lead, supervise, and develop a team of capable and dependable automated test hardware engineers.
* Plan, assign, direct work and identify resource needs to fulfill test hardware design and equipment availability.
* Lead the team in selection, qualification, design, and deployment of test hardware equipment, related tools, and procedures.
* Design production test equipment that is consistent, high quality, and reliable.
* Analyze technology trends, human resource needs, regulatory requirements, and market requirements to plan all aspects of testing needs.
* Monitor production test trends
* Optimize test processes, when applicable, to maximize factory output
* Work with design teams to provide test and yield requirement for product development plans and concepts.
* Work with factory to resolve production test equipment issues to prevent shutdowns
* Continuously assess product yield and test success providing good visibility to the quality, factory, and engineering teams.
* Ensure optimal communication with customers (internal and external as applicable).
* Directly supervise various levels of team members by setting the tone for the team. environment and providing individualized coaching, training, and mentoring.
* Lead the team in managing all aspects of test equipment throughout production, including maintenance and support activities for test hardware in use.
* Drive team collaboration with factory, test software engineers, and design engineers to address factory test hardware problems quickly and effectively.
* Direct production teams when introducing new test hardware/equipment to production.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field AND 5 years relevant experience OR a minimum of ten years relevant experience
* Excellent Academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
* Knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes and documentation
* Knowledge of Garmin's product lines and customer needs
* Broad technical knowledge and skills in various areas of Electrical Engineering (e.g., analog, digital, RF, and/or DSP
* Detailed knowledge and experience with test equipment and software tools for electronics design, testing and documentation
* Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be positive, detail oriented, organized, team oriented and a driven problem solver, multi-tasker, and self-starter with the ability to prioritize and lead in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
* Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
* Knowledge and/or experience with Garmin's hardware development and production methodologies
* Previous leadership or mentorship experience
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, age or disability.
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Computer Engineering
- Conformance Testing
- Customer Demand Planning