To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5100 Prairie Parkway
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CMA or LPN, Internal Medicine
UnityPoint Health • Cedar Falls, IA
Posted 23 days ago
Internal Medicine - Cedar Falls
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information, preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures, commensurate with training and education.
- Demonstrate competence in the skills necessary to carry out assigned duties.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Document accurate information reading health concern and/or condition from patient or family member.
- Telephone data collection.
- Conduct follow up phone calls regarding patient’s health and progress as necessary.
- Administer medications by oral, IM, SQ or ID routes under the order of a provider or RN.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
- Provide education to patients and families using the Teach-back method per protocols and guidelines.
- Place urinary catheters per protocol.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
- Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. health department).
- Demonstrate the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
- Understand inpatient and outpatient specialty procedures. Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements
- Thoroughly understand anatomical impact (phases/stages, thresholds) for clinic specialty services including co-morbidities and influences impacting patient care and treatment.
- Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps, as appropriate to scope and licensure.
- Be aware of what is happening in the clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
- Meet the department work schedule.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Qualifications for CMA:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Current CME certification for Certified Medical Assistant and AAMA or NCCT certification.
Qualifications for LPN:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois for Licensed Practical Nurse.
Qualifications for LPN & CMA:
- Mandatory Reporter certification
- Meets educational/competency requirements per policy.
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
- Computer data entry experience.
- Mandatory Reporter certification.
- CPR certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
- Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred