At Company, we are re-envisioning healthcare by bringing technologists and industry experts together. We believe that great technology can revolutionize the operations and infrastructure underlying today’s healthcare and insurance systems, and is key to delivering transformative experiences for our members and the medical experts who provide their care. Company engineers work on some of the most challenging problems in tech — helping users navigate the complex health industry through beautiful user applications, elegant distributed system design, making sense of noisy data, statistical learning, and language theory. We invest in our people, our tools, and our processes so we can focus on solving big problems while learning from one another.
Company is seeking a seasoned government relations professional with experience working for a state insurance regulatory agency to lead its government affairs function.
- Develop and execute Company’s government relations strategy and Government Affairs function
- Serve as “face of the company” to federal and state regulators and insurance exchanges in all of Company’s markets though regular in-person visits and communications as necessary
- Communicate regulator priorities, interests, political dynamics, and other ground-level intelligence that could affect Company’s business
- Run point on all executive-level regulatory contacts, including annual business reviews and meetings with state insurance Directors and Commissioners
- Partner closely with Company’s Legal, Compliance and Communications teams to make initial regulator introductions in new states, seek regulator guidance, report anticipated problems and business changes, and escalate issues within regulatory bodies
- Work with Communications team to ensure press, social media, and other external messaging is consistent with regulator communications
- Develop legislative and regulatory advocacy strategy for Company’s public policy priorities at the state and federal levels, including through liaison with state/federal health plan associations, and get results!
- B.A. in a relevant field
- 10+ years’ experience in a regulator-facing insurance industry role and/or working for an insurance regulator