Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Operations Manager. As an Operations Manager, you will responsible for the overall operation of the store location, including revenue, profit and loss, employee management, facilities and equipment, dispatch, market share growth and penetration through developing community relationships and establishing a presence within the area and specialty market segments by working directly with the sales force.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Coach employees to work together and able to create a game plan for employees to follow. Motivates through constant evaluation and review.
-Set clear and measurable objectives for entire team (Review and adjust staffing levels to assure the needs of the store and customers are met)
- Direct various staff members in the performance of their store related positions. Develop, evaluate and motivate staff.
- Maximize operational efficiencies
- Recognize slow moving assets and initiate an action plan for increased activity
- Implement SBR policy and procedures
- Responsible for safety audits, safety training, compliance with State and Federal OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Apply basic knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and internal combustion systems (preventative maintenance).
- Manage human resource administration (payroll/scheduling/paperwork, etc.)
• Business Acumen
- Create an annual budget and forecast utilizing company template
- Utilize performance report to set financial goals, develop strategies, and determine what influences the financial aspects of the business
- Understand the competitor business models within the market and assist in building strategic plans
- Engage in business decision making at every level
• Sales and Customer Service
- Cultivates strategic customer relationships and ensures that the customer perspective is the driving force behind all value added business activity
- Explain the billing procedure to customers and develop customer trust and understanding
- Assist customer in determining their rental needs by applying product knowledge
- Constant store flow analysis and updates to increase productivity and customer service levels
• 3 Years in the rental equipment or construction industries.
• 1 Year of Operations Management or related/retail management experience
• Excellent supervisory skills
• Excellent knowledge of construction equipment required.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• Understands basic knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, Internet/Intranet, and Wynne system
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.