AmTrust North America Claims is looking for an experienced financial professional to lead a team of financial analysts to deliver on the design and execution of a robust financial planning, budgeting and reporting process.
AmTrust is a Fortune 500 company that has seen significant growth since inception fueled by numerous acquisitions over the years. While the company’s revenue has grown, the number of claims as well as complexity of those claims has grown with it. This has created an opportunity for us to better leverage our scale and vast amounts of data to identify opportunities to operate more efficiently.
This position will report to the AVP of Claims Strategy and FP&A and will support the entire Claims organization by providing financial planning, budgeting, expense management and providing general clarity into allocated and unallocated loss adjustment expense. This role will have direct exposure to the executive leadership team and will collaborate with various leaders across the Corporate Finance, Accounting and Actuarial functions. The right candidate will bring a balance of leadership, technical financial acumen, experience working with Oracle EBS and Oracle ERP, GAAP and Statutory reporting methods as well as a collaborative and execution focused attitude.
- Recruit, lead and develop a team of 1 to 2 financial analysts
- Build a financial planning and budgeting process including a monthly reporting process to track actual vs. plan
- Deliver executive level presentations with actionable insights and recommendations
- Establish a monthly claims financial reporting package that includes insight into allocated loss adjustment expense (ALAE), unallocated loss adjustment expense (ULAE) as well as headcount information
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance and Accounting to execute on accurately reporting Statutory filings
- Support Claims leadership team with ad-hoc analytical requests
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top university
- 8+ years of progressively increasing experience within insurance, financial services, consulting or other similar industry
- 5+ years of previous experience working with Oracle EBS, Oracle ERP, Service Now and other financial accounting platforms
- 2+ years previous management experience
- Ability to read and write SQL preferred but not required
- Master’s Degree and/or CFA preferred but not required
- Location Flexible: Southington, CT; New York, NY; Melville, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Boston, MA, Chicago, IL
- Up to 25% travel
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)