To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington DC United States, United States, DC 20001
- Allstate Recruiter
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Consultant - Government and Industry Relations, Washington, DC
Allstate Corporate Hiring • Washington DC United States, United States, DC
Posted 7 days ago
The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America. Allstate was founded in 1931 and became a publicly traded company in 1993. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol ALL. Allstate is widely known through the "You're In Good Hands With Allstate ®" slogan. As of year-end 2013, Allstate had $123.5 billion in total assets. In 2014 Allstate was number 92 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies in America.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Government and Industry Relations group is responsible for managing government affairs and public policy work at the state and federal levels including but not limited to: Drafting Legislation and Regulations/ Guaranty Fund and Residual Market Governance/ Issue Identification and Advocacy / Lobbying/ Position Development including research and drafting/ Legislative and Regulatory Developments/ Political Advice and Counsel and ALLPAC and Corporate Contributions/ Trade Association Leadership and Participation/ Government and Regulatory Litigation and Disputes / Monitoring, Reporting, and Other Advice and Counsel related to Government Affairs.
The Government and Industry Relations group is also responsible for managing Regulatory and Regulatory Compliance work including but not limited to: Administrative & Regulatory Agency Inquiries and Investigations/ Lobbying and Campaign Contribution Compliance/ Insurance Regulatory Compliance/ and Regulatory Examinations.
Manages projects and activities as directed and supervised for the Government & Industry Relations group. Manages projects and activities independently. Collaborates with clients and/or other areas of Law and Regulation department
Government Affairs and Public Policy
- Attend legislative events related to political contributions as appropriate
- Monitor business initiatives and interests, insurance, investments, tax, HR, benefits, privacy, etc.
- Monitor issues through the trade association and provide appropriate input
- Monitor and assess legislative and regulatory developments
- Report on trade association activities that impact the business
- Complete lobbying reporting forms, Quarterly and Semi-Annually
- Prepare budget/request for political contributions
- Deliver contributions
- Draft new law reports
Regulatory and Regulatory Compliance
- Gather and compile facts, including previous inquiries and investigations (related to Administrative and Regulatory Agency Inquiries and Investigations)
- Possesses bachelor’s degree; MBA or advanced degree preferred but not required
- Ability to identify opportunities, recommend and help implement process improvements
- Intermediate strategic/conceptual thinking abilities
- Is analytical and detail oriented; able to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively
- Basic to intermediate budget management skills
- Able to work in a diverse, multi-office environment
- Basic to intermediate business acumen
- Intermediate to advanced training development and delivery abilities
- Functions autonomously and deliver corporate results while keeping management of work progress and escalate issues as appropriate
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills, intermediate to advanced written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
- Strong ability to balance ethical/compliance issues with business goals in advice (as appropriate)
- Has relevant experience or education
- Basic to intermediate subject matter expertise in one or more relevant areas
- Basic to intermediate negotiation and mediation skills
- Adept at performance and talent management
- Demonstrated leadership, management, mentoring, and coaching capabilities
- Advanced project management skills
- Basic to intermediate change management skills
- Intermediate to advanced researching, quality assurance, and formatting skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manage his/her time effectively and work independently
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of legal holds process
- Insurance, financial, legal, or compliance industry experience preferred
- Demonstrates ethics and integrity
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Government and Industry Relations role