The Assignment: Job #40499
CareStaff Partners is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a critical travel or local contract position with a Hospital in the Emergency Department (ED) in Natchitoches, LA.
Specialty: Registered Nurse - RN
Pay: $42-44 Gross Hourly Blended Rate
Setting: Emergency Department (ER/ED)
Patient Population: Children/Pediatrics (0-18)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 36
Contract Length: 13 Weeks
Licensure/Certification Required: Louisiana Nursing License
Experience Required/Preferred: Prior Hospital Based Experience Required. Minimum 2 years of Emergency Department (ER) experience required.
Registered Nurses in an Emergency Department (ER/ED) position:
- Work as part of a team with physicians, other nurses and healthcare professionals to provide care, monitor health conditions, plan long-term care needs, administer medicine, use medical equipment, perform minor medical operations, and advise patients and their families on illness, care and continued care after a hospital stay.
- Emergency rooms are often the first line of defense for accidents, allergic reactions, and any number of urgent medical care.
- ER nurses work to quickly assess the needs of each patient, prioritize care based on its critical nature, and work to stabilize a patient, treat the problem, discharge the patient after the emergency is over or make arrangements for a longer hospital stay.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Critical-Thinking Skills: Nurses will need to assess a patient's health, as well as detect changes in symptoms, health or pain, and will need to know when action is necessary.
- Compassion: Nurses help people. They should be sympathetic to a patient's needs and be able to deal with people in various states of pain, trauma and tragedy.
- Attention to Detail: Nurses can help doctors operate, administer medicines and work with specific treatments that, if wrong could prove fatal. Attention to detail is crucial.
- Organizational Skills: Nurses will face multiple patients, with differing needs, stages of health and risks. Being organized and knowing how to prioritize will be helpful.
- Calm Under Pressure: ER Nurses face urgent, life-or-death situations almost daily. Being able to function in the heat of emergency will be necessary.
- Patience: Giving care under stressful circumstances requires patience.
- Communication Skills: Nurses communicate directly with patients who are scared, in pain or in shock. Families will have questions and want answers. Good nurses need to be patient listeners and good communicators to help keep everyone calm and help them understand the situation.
The CareStaff Partners Difference:
- Join a Family Oriented Team that is Passionate about the mutual goal of finding the right local or travel contract position for You and Your Family!
Seamless Communication and Ongoing Support from your:
- Compliance Specialist
- Payroll Professional
- Human Resources Representative
- Recruiters with Extensive Staffing Industry Knowledge
- Proven Track Record of Recruiting Excellence in Healthcare
Proud to Offer SAME DAY Medical Insurance - Multiple Coverage Plans to choose from, because there is no one size fits all solution when it comes to your well-being
- Dental and Vision
Supplemental Options Including, but not limited to - Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability
- Industry Competitive Pay Packages
- Tax-free allowances available on travel contracts
- Round Trip Travel Pay to and from Assignment
- Guaranteed Hours on most Contracts
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Discounted CEU Access
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Competitive and Timely Paid Referral Bonuses
Attention To Detail
Long Term Care