To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Engineer
Chenega Corporation • Alexandria, VA
Posted 5 days ago
CHENEGA DECISION SCIENCES, LLC
Company Job Title:
Senior Software Engineer
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Software Engineer (Senior) has in-depth knowledge of SAP and ERP products and associated applications interface technologies. The Software Engineer (Senior) will utilize technical area expertise to assess the operational and/or technical baselines as specifically associated with the functional components. Additionally, the Software Engineer (Senior) will provide insight and advice to senior managers and executives, concerning the strategic direction and applicability of enterprise-based products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role in contributing to the development of standards and best practices surrounding the use of enterprise products and applications
- Provide technical insight into the determination of technical inadequacies and/or deficiencies that affect the functional area’s ability to support/meet organizational goals
- Generate technical strategies for enhanced operations, as well as ways to improve productivity across functional areas within the organization
- Develop and educate others with regard to product-specific best practices.
- Participate in technical assessments and reviews to validate the technical approach and associated work products and implementations.
- Assist systems engineering as they conduct requirements analysis, design, development, performance measurement, verification and validation, certification and accreditation, deployment, change management, and transition.
- Assist systems engineering as they support compliant DoD and Army architectures (e.g., IAE, BEA) and acquisition management policies addressed in DoD 5000 and 8000 series.
- Assist systems engineering as they support contract procurement planning, solicitation, award, and monitoring activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High school diploma/GED required
- 10 years of experience in software engineering experience
- 5 years of experience must be in a large enterprise environment and a MA/MS degree
- Baseline and Full Computing Environment Certifications for IAT-II IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002 preferred
- Secret clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses extensive experience in the full complement of acquisition activities and is capable of providing advanced advisory and liaison support to senior leaders that enables program success.
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral), strong customer service and excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen and understand what is being described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions when necessary.
- Possess and maintain a valid state operator's license.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or on-call support.
- Ability to meet minimum security clearance requirements
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.M#