Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady! SUMMARY
The 911 Communication Dispatcher coordinates with the Communications Supervisor on a daily basis to ensure all assignments are completed. Demonstrate complete knowledge of the Communications Center operations to include receiving, processing, and dispatching requests for emergency medical service within the Grady EMS response zone. Ensure all in service vehicles and equipment are in an acceptable state of readiness at all times. Will be responsible for tracking and posting all units using System Status Management (SSM) while maintaining compliance to SSM posting plan. Places units’ in-service/out of service in accordance with policy and supervision approval. Will ensure that units are taking the most appropriate routes to calls. Will always select the closest most appropriate unit for each emergency calls. Will utilize auxiliary units: Mobile Stroke Unit, Mobile Integrated Health (MIH), Mobile Psychiatric Unit (7170) as appropriate. Responsible for exemplifying excellent customer service behavior and timely responsiveness to co-workers, patients, clients, physicians, and vendors. Will maintain Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification by working shifts as an E911 Communications Call Taker as needed or as scheduled. QUALIFICATIONS
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- High school diploma/GED required
- One year experience as a System Status Controller in a high performance EMS System is preferred
- Prior use of computer aided dispatch programs preferred. Experience with Tri-Tech, VisiCad system desired
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) certification required.
- Emergency Telecommunicator Certification (ETC) and/or International Academy of Emergency Dispatcher (IAED) Certification required.
- BLS Certification required.
Emergency Medical Dispatch
Emergency Medical Services