Job DescriptionPosition Summary
Do you want to be part of a team that works to change patients' lives and makes a real impact to their families? At KBI our mission is to accelerate the development of innovative discoveries into life-changing biological products and expand global access to medicines to patients in need. We believe that information technology is a key enabler to making our mission a reality. We are looking for a System Administrator for our Aveva OSI PI systems. In this role you would join a growing team supporting Manufacturing and Process Development labs in the U.S. and Europe.Position Responsibilities
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up atmosphere where you will be the point of contact for IT support of the Aveva OSI PI systems. Your focus will be to support the growing user base of Manufacturing and Process Development personnel as their primary contact for IT-related issues with the system.
- Our PI systems are a critical part of the IT infrastructure. You will administer the various PI environments, ensuring we meet critical uptime and reliability metrics while keeping the systems patched and up to date.
- You are driven to apply information technologies in manufacturing and in the lab that will improve throughput and quality of life for the scientists, research analysts and manufacturing technicians. Specifically, you will implement automation and digitalization to reduce the manual burden of data collection, storage and analysis through the application of the PI family of applications, including interfaces, connectors, Data Archive, Asset Framework and visualization technologies. Familiarity with Agile project management practices would be helpful.
- You will work with the service desk and operations teams to address routine requests such as account management as well as network connectivity issues, troubleshooting, and resolution of complex issues in the PI applications. In these tasks you will be required to be customer-focused and communicate clearly as you interact with your users to ensure their requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- You bring at least 4 years of experience in an industrial or lab IT environment; you would like to continue to develop in providing IT support on digital infrastructure with a solid foundation of IT skills.
- You speak fluent English and familiarity with French is a bonus. You will be part of the Global IT function and you will have frequent communication with your Geneva counterparts. You would be expected to lead discussions with your colleagues worldwide to help define best practices.
- You will work with the manufacturing and lab teams to further develop automation, digitization, integration, data consolidation and efficiency improvements.
- This role is full-time and can be located on site or remote. Eastern US time zone is preferred as well as a willingness to travel to KBI sites.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in IT or scientific discipline, with a minimum of 4 years of OSI PI support related work. Specific familiarity with Asset Framework, event frames, BI Connector and OPC interfaces/connectors is highly desired.
- Applicant needs to be comfortable working in a Windows/Active Directory environment.
- Experience working in a regulated pharmaceutical environment.
Salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate's qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. KBI has a robust total rewards strategy which includes an annual bonus structure for all employees, medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid PTO and holidays, 401K matching with 100% vesting in 60 days and employee recognition programs.
KBI Biopharma, Inc. (KBI) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. Any employee entering a KBI site located in the US must either (1) have provided proof of full vaccination (as defined by the CDC) with a COVID-19 vaccination which has been granted FDA approval or Emergency Use Authorization; or (2) perform weekly COVID-19 testing with negative test results.
KBI Biopharma, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for KBI Biopharma, Inc. to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either KBI Biopharma, Inc. or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of KBI Biopharma, Inc. has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
I attest with my signature below that I have given to KBI Biopharma, Inc. true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize KBI Biopharma, Inc. to contact references provided for employment reference checks. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.
- Account Management
- Agile Methodology
- Data Collection