Medical Assistant Primary Care Opportunity
Location: Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Pay: $13-17 (Based on experince)
Hours: 6:45am to 5:00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday
We are looking for a skilled Medical Assistant with 1+years of experience, excited to join a growing physician group in the Wheat Ridge area.
We are a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Medical Assistant you need to know how to:
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider while maintaining a positive and caring attitude.
- Be attentive to patients needs, coordinate care, administer care, and document appropriately.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights by observing HIPAA regulations.
- Obtain and record patient information; vital signs, height, weight, allergies, current medications, medical history, and chief complaint, etc.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Per Provider request, may perform routine tests including but not limited to EKGs, hearing and vision screens.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up as appropriate to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate test results to patients and establish plan of care by phone or mail as directed by the Provider.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; stock patient exam rooms while maintaining cleanliness and organization, and dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
Must Have Skills of a Medical Assistant
- MA diploma + externship
- HS diploma + MA diploma
- Prefer 1 year of experience
MA diploma + externship
HS diploma + MA diploma
Prefer 1 year of experience
Patient Information Leaflet