COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in
which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant for SHARE completes administrative tasks and works with Outreach Coordinators to implement community outreach efforts and expand the SHARE network. The position processes SHARE orders and payments and assists in distribution
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide customer service in person and on the phone.
• Process payments according to Agency policies and procedures.
• Keep accurate financial and order records.
• Ensure that host sites have support and resources.
• Schedule follow-up with host sites and track data on follow-up needs.
• Assist in distribution activities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• HS Degree or GED.
• Experience in administrative assistance and/or bookkeeping.
• Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Skills in record keeping.
• Customer service skills.
• Communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Skill in the use of computers and Microsoft Office programs.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP URL blocked - click to apply.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Setting Up Files