[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Lead Accountant Joint Venture (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
The Sr Lead Accountant role is a critical function providing accounting, analytical services, and business partner support for three operating units (Ethylene, LDPE and LLDPE) at our Lake Charles Joint Venture. As the operator of JV Operating and Sales Agreements, this role involves supporting compliance activities associated with the contracts, working closely with and coordinating activities with internal partners (e.g. Accounting, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Commercial, Ops Planning, and Project Management), and understanding complex interdependencies between the various contracts. Additional job functions include supporting various activities with the JV external partner that include leading various audits, preparing financial information for the JV leadership team and working closely with the partner to identify value added analysis and supporting documentation request. Roles & Responsibilities
* Prepare, monitor and execute monthly JV activities including partner invoicing, cost price calculation, salary recharges, service agreements charges, and JV Operating Cost Statement.Min. Qualifications
* Prepare annual Audited Financial Statements in accordance with US GAAP (support IFRS if requested by partner)
* Execute JV partner allocation for Fixed and Variable Cost.
* Work closely with the Manufacturing Accounting and Analysis / Business Finance organizations to explain any monthly deviations and forecasting items.
* Prepare monthly estimates and true-up financial information for JV partners and explain any deviations (forecast vs actual and actual vs budget).
* Execute daily Sales Net Back Calculation and monthly reconciliation of the Sales Agreement.
* Prepare financial information to JV Management Board that meets several times per year.
* Budgeting of Operator Service charges during company's budget exercise.
* Support annual Internal and External audits of the Operating and Sales Agreements.
* Follow up and evaluate financial impact on amendments of different JV contracts
* Performance of financial analysis in compliance with various Sarbanes Oxley testing standards.
* Pro-actively involved in assessing effectiveness around close activities through the chain of different departments, implementing or advising more efficient ways to meet deadlines
* Being able to maintain a good working relationship with the JV partner and share information as is contractually agreed.
* Accounting or Finance degree or related business degree with 7 year's relevant financial experience. Professional Certification-preferred. Preferred QualificationsCompetencies
* Knowledge of both US GAAP and IFRS principles.
* Advanced to intermediate knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse.
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications (excel, PowerPoint, word).
* Ability to influence the business and provide insightful finance analysis to senior management.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and effectively manage key stakeholder expectations (both business and finance).
* Ability to respond to numerous (and urgent) requests for financial analysis / explanations from multitude of stakeholders.
* Ability to drive operational excellence within the Americas Region Finance Staff.
* Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to build networks, trust, credibility and respect.
* A self-starter able to shape decisions, engage with stakeholders and rally support.
* Sensitive to, and effective at, operating across different organizations and cultures.
* Ability to manage interfaces & build solid relationships within the business.
* Strong analytical skills and business acumen, and a sound understanding of key external trends and benchmarks.
* Understanding of macroeconomic and microeconomic market conditions along with company fundamentals to make business, customer and cost structure recommendations.
* Ability to stay abreast of current business/market conditions for the business unit through close business partnership in order to forecast future economic/financial impacts for any number of variables.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Lead Accountant Joint Venture.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles