Earth Systems provides a wide variety of services including geotechnical engineering, geology and hydrogeology, construction materials testing and inspection, and soils and materials laboratory testing. Earth Systems is founded on our people and has more than 50 years of experience working in communities throughout California.
We are currently recruiting for a leadership-driven and self-motivated Project Engineer in our San Luis Obispo office
Education and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering concentration required.
- M.S. Degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) required.
- Licensed Geotechnical Engineer (GE) preferred.
- 2-5+ years of experience in geotechnical consulting.
- The ideal candidate will have experience and familiarity with the local engineering practice.
- Manage geotechnical, forensic, and construction projects, including consulting with clients, design professionals, and contractors.
- Plan and supervise soil exploration, logging, and classification.
- Schedule laboratory testing to evaluate soil types, behavior, and engineering properties.
- Evaluate geologic and seismic hazards, including liquefaction, lateral spreading, and dry sand settlement; provide mitigation recommendations when needed.
- Analyze natural, fill, and reinforced slopes.
- Evaluate distressed structures and failed slopes and give mitigation recommendations.
- Provide bearing capacity, earth pressures, and pavement recommendations.
- Provide analysis of and design recommendations for shallow and deep foundations.
- Provide analysis of and design parameters for temporary and permanent earth retention.
- Provide grading and ground modification recommendations.
- Prepare proposals, schedules, and reports to achieve project goals while managing budgets.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience interacting with clients and initiating business development.
- Performing advanced geotechnical and seismic analyses.
- Experience with multiple geotechnical software programs.
Employment conditioned upon the satisfactory review of Motor Vehicle Records, drug and alcohol screening, and a medical evaluation appropriate to the position. We offer a competitive salary and benefit plan including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching.
Earth Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Physical Education (Pe)