To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO 63128
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Care Associate
Mercy • St. Louis, MO
Posted 25 days ago
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Under the direction of the RN or LPN, assists in the individualized care of the patient to achieve the patient’s highest level of wellness. Works cooperatively with others as part of a team; recognizes the importance of group goals. Performs designated clinical procedures and nonclinical support tasks essential to providing care to the patient. Assists in unit operational support tasks or duties. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, guiding principles and Mercy Service Standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and practices sound infection control techniques.
- Assesses safety needs and provides for a safe environment:
- Fall Precautions
- Restraint Management
- Patient Identification
- Unit/Departmental Specific Policies
- Labels and properly secures guest’s/patient’s personal property.
- Adheres to hospital wide safety regulations.
- Performs equipment safety checks and reports faulty equipment/initiates repair.
- Follows policy/procedure for completion of incident reports.
- Follows confidentiality policy/procedure.
- Complies with patient rights/regulations.
- Administers daily hygiene measures.
- Performs routines daily activities: ambulation, passes trays, snacks, water, feeds patients, turns and
positions patients, observes for skin breakdown.
- Gathers and records patient data.
- Performs technical skills related to unit requirements: trach care, tube feedings, foley cath insertion,
suctioning and dressing changes.
- Performs phlebotomy skills, Sure Step Pro and Neonatal Metabolic Screen.
- Performs EKG’s.
- Observes changes or unusual occurrences in patient condition and reports them immediately to the
- Provides patients and their families with explanation of care and psychological support under the
direction of the nurse.
- Participates in the admission, discharge and transfer of patients and their belongings.
- Applies knowledge of cost effectiveness without jeopardizing patient outcome.
- Assures all patient charges/credits are entered appropriately.
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding workload, assignments and change.
- Accepts delegation of tasks.
- Communicates with other members of the HCT to optimize the care of the patient.
- Performs unit-specific computer functions.
- Performs clerical duties as needed (i.e., answers phones, monitors lights).
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: High school diploma, G.E.D. and/or current co-worker of Mercy.
- Other: Successful completion of Basic Skills I course within one month of hire or transfer.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.