Psychiatric Physician opportunity with one of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Riveredge Hospital is a 210-bed leading psychiatric hospital dedicated to providing quality behavioral health services and trauma-informed care to children, adolescents and adults. The hospital offers inpatient, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient and community residential programs. Riveredge is a Joint Commission approved, Top Performer and state licensed facility focused on short-term crisis stabilization programs. We are dedicated to our teamwork approach and provide compassionate and therapeutic environment, as well as offering a continuum of specialty programs through our inpatient, partial, outpatient and residential services.
Oversees the quality of care delivered to his / her patients. Assesses clinical appropriateness for admission and collaborates with Assessment and Referral regarding potential admissions. Performs psychiatric assessments for individuals under his / her care. Completes documentation necessary to address patients hospitalized under civil commitment statutes. Provides individual therapy, family therapy and / or medication management as needed for patients under his / her care. Appropriately requests consultation when indicated. Provides psychiatric consultation when requested. Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with all HIPAA standards. Completes all documentation requirements legibly and within timeframes established by Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations. Leads the multidisciplinary treatment team and participates collaboratively in scheduled staffings regarding the treatment of his / her patients. Demonstrates appropriate medication administration and ensures that documentation regarding medications complies with facility and regulatory standards. Complies with all Seclusion and Restraint requirements including responding to the facility within one hour when contacted for Seclusion and Restraint orders. Ensures that cases are adequately covered when away from the facility. Participates in ongoing PI activities and hospital committees as assigned. Completes necessary documentation to ensure accurate reimbursement for services provided. Complies with all Medical Staff Bylaws and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations. Complies with all facility policies and procedures. Maintains professional behaviors at all times.
Education: Graduate of an accredited medical school; completed residency in psychiatry, board certification preferred.
Licensure: Licensed as a Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) in the state of Illinois.
Experience: Prior experience in hospital based psychiatric practice required. Outpatient psychiatric practice encouraged.
Additional Requirements: Maintains membership in local chapter of the state medical society. Maintains active status with medical staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Maintains working knowledge of external review organizations (i.e. JCAHO, CMS, Champus, etc.) and assists the facility with regulatory compliance.
- Implements Ardent Health Services’ ethical practice policy.
- Maintains working knowledge of patient confidentiality (HIPAA), patients’ rights, advanced directives, adult and child abuse reporting laws and emergency civil commitment proceedings.
- Strictly complies with Medical Staff Bylaws and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Complies with all facility requirements relating to medical record documentation requirements. Serves as an example to other practitioners.
- Complies with all facility policies and procedures.
- Provides input into program development.
- Knowledge of psychopathology, diagnosis and treatment strategies for patient populations credentialled for.
- Demonstrates strong clinical assessment skills.
- Knowledge and utilization of crisis intervention techniques.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual and family therapy principles and techniques as related to patient populations credentialled for.
- Current knowledge base of information related to medication administration. Demonstrates appropriate medication administration practices.
- Knowledge of utilization review process and interacts effectively with third party payors, when necessary.
- Leads the treatment planning process and facilitates interaction among multidisciplinary treatment team members. Knowledge of complex patient care planning.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate in oral and written manner.
- Available to the facility 24 hours a day for emergency consultation. Complies with Seclusion and Restraint requirements.
- Actively promotes hospital relationships in the community and maintains working relationships with area psychiatrists
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer relations skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients / families, hospital staff and outside professionals.
- Ability to prioritize heavy workloads.
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity, uncertainty and change.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication.
- Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Radiation Treatment Planning
Medication Therapy Management