Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Cloud & Platform Security Solutions Engineering (CPSSE) team is part of the Information & Cyber Security (ICS) group at Wells Fargo. CPSSE provides security solutions engineering for all Cloud & Distributed Systems platforms.
This Information Security Engineer 6 position is a liaison between owning technology LOB or teams, Security Centers of Excellence & supporting projects, and peer teams across Information & Cyber Security (ICS) & Information Technology (IT) to understand business processes and requirements, and then provide security consulting and solutions design to enable risk mitigation across the enterprise. The Engineer is responsible for security consulting, solutions design, and security governance guidance around physical servers, virtualization technologies, containerization, storage, private cloud and emerging platforms, operating systems, layered products, security controls, and certain middleware components. The person in this position will be an Information Security SME, and will apply qualifications, years of experience, and depth and breadth of knowledge to provide solutions for emerging platform and technology security risks, and to improve the enterprise’s security posture. This includes creation of policy, engineering designs, risk evaluation, etc.
*Locations: Ideal locations are posted, however we may be flexible to candidates within other Wells Fargo Major Hubs.*Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 9+ years of Information Security Frameworks and standards (FFIEC, NIST, ISO) experience
- 9+ years of information security administration experience
- 5+ years of experience working with information security controls and deployments in a production environment
- 9+ years of UNIX experience
- 7+ years of experience engineering and analyzing UNIX based operating system, Linux based operating system or a combination of both
- 5+ years of Linux or Unix Server experience
- 5+ years of experience securing server virtualization technologies such as VMWare ESX, ESXi, vCenter and KVM
Other Desired Qualifications
- Expert knowledge and understanding of information security practices and policies, including Information Security Frameworks, Standards, and best practices
- Ability to manage highly complex issues and negotiate solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization; including at the executive level
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor, (CISA) Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP) or other risk management discipline certification
- Knowledge and understanding of software defined networking
- Experience with software defined networking
- Cloud vendor certification such as VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Experience in VMware Workspace One Unified endpoint management (UEM) engineering and support
- 1+ year of engineering and support experience on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform
- 5+ years of OpenStack experience
- Experience with information security and risk management including: policy and standards, information security assessment, and mitigation solution design and implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of data security controls including malware protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, content filtering, Internet proxies, encryption controls, and log management solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: encryption infrastructure servers or appliances
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban
- Experience with Ansible automation tool
- Knowledge and understanding of Puppet
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud technologies
- 2+ years of experience with workload and service isolation in cloud and distributed platforms
- Experience with public and private cloud integration with AWS, IAAS, Asure or Google
- 5+ years of public key infrastructure experience
- 2+ years experience with VMWare NSX
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes
- 2+ years experience with controls on Cloud and/or virtual platforms
- 7+ years experience creating or owning Information Security policy
- CICD experience
- Understanding of DevSecOps
- Subject Matter Expert in Information Security Engineering
- Ability to collaborate with highly technical partner teams, vendors, and customers, providing Security guidance
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to mentor peers & share knowledge among teammates
- Technology leader
- Self-starter, able to manage work projects end-to-end, working well under self-direction
- Ability to maintain up-to-date reporting (including daily standups)
- Strong critical thinking skills, and willingness to point out gaps and engineer solutions
- Forward-thinking with regard to new and emerging technologies
- Strong understanding of risk
- Experience partnering with multiple technical partners to research, analyze, and engineer security controls
- Ability to work and problem solve across multiple issues and tasks concurrently
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZDisclaimer
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MA-Boston: 125 High Street - Boston, MA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 425 E Hennepin Ave - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
PA-Philadelphia: 101 N Independence Mall E - Philadelphia, PA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional