Kforce has a client seeking a Junior Data Scientist in Miami, Florida (FL).
Our client is seeking a talented, experienced and inquisitive Data Scientist to design and implement cutting edge solutions across a breadth of domain areas. The ideal candidate is well grounded in a mathematical, statistical and probability background, with a broad knowledge of machine learning techniques and cognitive services.
This Data Scientist will focus on architecting, deploying and evaluating intelligent solutions as part of a growing Data Science team within the client. This individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of driven people to deliver end to end solutions that improve guest experience and address pain points of the business across applications such as metrics forecasting, customer behavior prediction, clustering, regression, and/or statistical modelling.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for analytical support, data mining, scripting/programming, mentorship and stakeholder presentation within the framework of implementing
- Apply several forms of statistical (hypothesis testing, sampling, modeling, probability, time-series) and machine learning (neural networks/deep networks, ensemble methods, natural language processing) methods to describe, predict and optimize desired analytical objectives from business stakeholders
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends
- Evaluate the progress of the data science team and company at large on the acclimation of machine learning and statistical models for predictive and forecasting tasks; Recommend steps to improve or enforce utilization of these methods
- Experience with statistical methods such t-test of means, Tukey-HSD tests of means on groups, ANOVA, Proportion tests, data normalization and scaling, univariate and multivariate outlier detection
- Experience with modeling techniques such as linear models, decision trees, neural networks, k-nearest-neighbor, support vector machines, cluster analyses, and ensembling methods
- Strong oral and written skills
- A successful candidate will possess background or operational familiarity in statistics, mathematics, modeling
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience in a large corporation or consulting firm with focus in marketing strategies, modeling, CRM and management sciences/statistics highly desired
- Experience with Deep Learning tools and packages such as TensorFlow, Keras, H2O, and Theano
- Experience with frameworks and languages designed for big-data analysis, including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Pig
- Experience with cloud computing frameworks or API's such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and IBM/Watson
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have a strong background in one or more of the following: Mathematical, Statistics, Probability, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Pattern Recognition, Large Scale Data Mining or Artificial Intelligence
- Has expertise in modeling, customer segmentation, analytical reporting, survey analysis, key driver analysis and dashboards
- Has knowledge and can quickly ramp-up and leverage cloud-based cognitive service APIs such as Microsoft Azure, AWS and/or IBM Watson
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Artificial Neural Networks