We currently have an opening for a DevOps Engineer within our Software Engineering group located at the Cree Lighting corporate headquarters in Durham, NC. If you’re a motivated and qualified DevOps professional, we want to hear from you.
This role will be responsible for maintaining the Software Engineering team’s development and production environments. This will include troubleshooting production issues, monitoring and maintaining production systems, Linux administration and environment automation.Responsibilities
- Administer Linux environments
- Troubleshoot environment/code/config type problems
- Create and implement procedures to improve code delivery
- Monitor daily production logs from all applications
- Create tools that will assist with day to day Linux system administration tasks
- Automate the deployment of new environments using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, etc.
- Communicate and collaborate with software, test and network engineers, database admins, etc.
- Be responsible for the health and performance of all production systems
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps type role, specifically around software development
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration, specifically CentOS and Project Atomic
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of bash and Python scripting
- Hands on experience with Ansible and Jenkins
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Git source control system
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence
- U.S. Citizenship or Green card holder
- 8+ Years in a DevOps role
- Experience with the HashiCorp suite of open source technologies
- Experience with Ubuntu system administration
- Previous experience with an active Agile/Scrum development organization
Amazon Web Services
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
This estimation is based on Job title, Industry, Location and Skills
Avg. Yearly Salary
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-2171
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.