To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Azusa, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Veolia North America • Azusa, CA
Posted 14 days ago
This position will assist in maintaining branch ledgers and related records and compile and verify accuracy of computations of lower level accounting functions. Responsible for overseeing the billing staff and providing the necessary support. Responsible for performing a variety of simple accounting functions to include preparing recapitulations and analysis of prescribed accounting records, classifying and coding data to proper accounts, reviewing A/R, A/P, purchase orders, ledger accounts, and preparing simple reports and/or statements.
Responsible for performing a variety of intricate and complex accounting functions to include preparing accounting studies and reports of a nonrecurring nature. Supervise and lead the billing staff. Prepare and analyze operating financial statements for conformance to company requirements and governmental regulations, laws, and accepted accounting principles. Maintain branch ledgers and related records and compiles and verifies accuracy of computations of lower level accounting functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and prepare monthly financial statements and analyzes for completeness and accuracy to reflect the financial condition of the company and/or facility location.
- Review cost analysis on a variety of complex on-going projects and recommends course of action to be taken to immediate supervisor.
- Supervise and lead the billing team with emphasis on positive cash flow.
- Assist lower level accounting personnel, regarding training, handling of specific accounts, resolving problem issues, reviewing reports, etc.
- Maintain location general ledgers and related records in accordance with standard accounting practices and VES-TS policies and procedures.
- Examine and verify accuracy of a variety of accounting computations regarding compliance issues with standards, regulations, laws, etc.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets by gathering pertinent information and rolling up data to verify allocation of cash balances, earnings, income, etc.
- Assist lower level accounting personnel regarding training, handling of specific accounts, resolving problem issues, reviewing reports, etc.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
BS in Accounting or related discipline required
Prior work experience of 5-7 years in the hazardous waste industry or related work experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
Extensive technical knowledge of accounting standards and principles
Strong supervisory and leadership skills
Proficiency in Excel
Strong team player
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
Ability to create & prepare reports as necessary