The Office365 Administrator is responsible for managing the Heico’s global implementation of Office365. Office365 has grown into a vital collaboration and communication tool for Heico, bridging teams across companies and platforms. This position requires an experienced administrator with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, decentralized, holding company environment.
In this role, s(he) will support the Heico platforms, ensuring consistent policies across the companies, but with the flexibility that a dynamic holding company like Heico requires. Building and maintaining strong internal relationships is essential as this position will work with internal staff, technology teams, stakeholders and company managers to ensure delivery of quality products in alignment with global initiatives across the enterprise. The ability to work across functions and teams will allow him/her to ensure alignment of priorities and goals, drive results and foster a culture and environment to achieve excellence and innovation.
The Office365 Administrator will report to Vice President of Information Technology based in Warrenville, IL.
- Manage and monitor Office 365 services in a hybrid infrastructure.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Assist with the migration of large volumes of data into the cloud platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with user access to cloud services.
- Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with organizational change management.
- Monitor and communicate to stakeholders the performance of the services.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Champion the adoption of Office 365 services as appropriate for our business (SharePoint, One Drive, Teams, Dynamics, etc.).
- Assist with the creation of policies around the proper use of Office 365 services and support.
- Collaborate with other IT team members, including networking, security, and data center operation teams, to ensure cross training and facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Provide or assist with selection of training resources.
- Four-year IT or comparable degree preferred
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and the interaction with Active Directory
- 2+ years of Office 365 (over 500 users) administration experience
- 2+ years of Microsoft Windows Server administration experience preferred
- Office 365 or any other Microsoft certifications a plus
- Experience with Office 365 migration tools
- Knowledge of Office 365 Teams, Groups, Stream, Delve, Power BI, Flow and OneDrive
- Ability to support Skype for Business and Teams for troubleshooting call quality issues
- Experience managing directory sync into Azure AD
- Experience supporting sync and sharing of large volumes of data with OneDrive
- Advanced skills managing Office 365 using PowerShell
- Experience with ADFS, and third-party services authentication services a plus
- Experience exporting usage and licensing information through Office 365 reporting
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office desktop and mobile applications
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office desktop and mobile applications
- Knowledge of, and ability to troubleshoot issues with DKIM, DMARC, SPF & DNS
- Experience with Office365 security tools and alerts for managing unauthorized access
- Experience training end users in the use of Office365 modules a plus
- Proactive self-starter with professional maturity and confidence
- Hungry for the next challenge and the next opportunity to learn
- Mental agility to fully understand both the complex business issues and how the solutions being developed will impact those issues
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability and follow-through
- Team player, adaptable, flexible, and able to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong organizational, documentation and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills required
Help Desk Support