To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02110
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Equity Data Scientist
Eaton Vance • Boston, MA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
The Equity Data Scientist role will be central to delivering new and actionable insights to our fundamental equity investment teams. The position will be part of a new team formed to analyze external and internal data sets, build machine learning models and provide actionable insights to Eaton Vance equity investment teams. This is an opportunity to be part of a new and important initiative within Eaton Vance Equities.
- Join and help build a team to drive data driven investment insights from external and internal data sets.
- Develop machine learning models based on a wide range of data sets to provide unique and actionable insights to our equity investment teams
- Rigorously evaluate machine learning models for statistical significance and design appropriate validation and testing processes for model selection
- Help source and evaluate new internal and external data sets
- Lead data cleaning and data integrity initiatives to support analytics and machine learning model development
- Distill business requirements to define scope and functionality/capability for equity analytics projects to solve new and existing challenges within the Equities Department.
- Develop visualizations to share analysis and insights across a large group of business users
- Help develop and work with the IT team to develop next generation data storage and processing architectures to enable agile analytics capabilities within the Equity Group.
- Help in developing next generation data governance standards
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics, Operations Research)
- 2-4 years of hands-on work experience developing and applying machine learning models and other advanced statistical approaches in an academic, corporate or consulting setting
- Strong programming skills in Python and R.
- Financial services experience preferred.
- Experience linking multiple data platforms with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience with Public Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Advanced knowledge of data management tools including SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB), Hadoop and/or other big data technologies
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate complex statistical concepts, advanced models capabilities and limitations along with recommended actions in an easy to understand way
- Strong people skills, team-orientation, and a professional attitude
- Ability to lead junior team members and provide direction on data cleaning and transformation
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110