To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pizzeria Portofino - Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants • Chicago, IL
Posted 6 days ago
PIZZERIA PORTOFINO is hiring HOSPITALITY SECURITY STAFF for our DINING ROOM!
1 YEAR OF HOTEL/RESTAURANT/HOSPITALITY SECURITY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
WE ARE CONDUCTING OPEN INTERVIEW DAYS TUESDAY - THURSDAY FROM 12-2PM AT RPM ITALIAN AT 52 W. ILLINOIS STREET
A Casual Pizzeria on the Chicago Riverfront
Hand-stretched pizzas, artisan pastas, vegetable antipasti & approachable coastal wines
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family!
Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You’ll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for maintaining the safety of guests and employees, carding guests, escorting disruptive guests from the restaurant and monitoring restaurant crowds.
- Maintain safety of guests and employees and card guests entering the restaurant
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests’ needs
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Follow carding/identification guidelines, according to state and restaurant specifications
- Determine accurate wait times and communicate to Managers and Hosts
- Organize lines outside of the restaurant and cordially inform guests of any wait time
- Immediately communicate any issues with questionable guest behavior, lines, wait times, special needs, etc. to Management
- Serve as backup to Management with handling any guest issues, disruptive or unruly guests
- Maintain an accurate head count of guests who enter the facility
- Ensure that all pathways and fire exits are clear at all times
- Proficiency in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including radio equipment
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed