To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oxon Hill, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Enterprise Service Desk Manager
Apex Systems • Oxon Hill, MD
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Project Leader
Location: National Harbor (Maryland)
Length: Contract to HIRE
Culture/Size: Leading team of 30+ with 2 team leads
Clearance: EOD public trust (under the DHS)
Perks: Free parking, long term stability, leadership growth, flexible business hours
If interested, please send updated resumes to Oliver Molina at firstname.lastname@example.org and best times to discuss.
Apex Systems, the nation's second largest IT staffing firm, is looking for an experienced Enterprise IT Service Desk Manager to manage operations for a 24x7x365 service desk. The service desk team is responsible for initial triage, classification, troubleshooting, resolution of incidents and completion of service requests for a 10,000+ user community. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in applying ITIL best practices to service delivery in a similar, large enterprise environment and a track record of meeting or exceeding contractual service level agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising, motivating, developing and directing a team of 30+ service desk staff
- Manage staff schedules to ensure coverage for ongoing operations and surge events while meeting all contractual SLAs
- Ensure that communications to key stakeholders are provided in a concise and timely manner
- Manage the processing of incoming contacts to the Service Desk via telephone, portal, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of customer issues
- Monitor all incidents and ensure timely resolution, or where that is not possible immediate escalation
- Coordinate fixes, patches and software updates at the desktop level, and as appropriate at the network level including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports. Identify problems and implement solutions, identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for internal stakeholders
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies
- Provide thorough triaging of tickets by liaising with other IT teams
- Assist other IT teams with projects
- Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services.
- Provide written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation
- Ensure compliance with security procedures for data handling, participate in planning sessions for process improvement
- Provide recommendation to the Government on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis
- Attend morning operations meeting if need to apprise the Government on the status of tickets and any issues/problems with resolving tickets
- Act as escalation points for the Service Desk operations
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Ability to be on call nights/weekends/holidays
- DHS EOD Eligible (Active EOD preferred)
- ITIL v3 certification
- Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing
- Hands on experience with incident and problem management in ServiceNow
- Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards
- Experience using an ITSM tool to drive service delivery and performance
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members
- Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective communicator across a range of business levels
- HDI Certification
- MCP Certification
- COMPTIA A+, or Network+, or Security+ Certification
Experience and Education Requirements:
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related work experience, including at least 3 years of experience managing service operations teams of 30+ staff in an enterprise environment
Security Clearance Required: Ability to obtain DHS HQ EOD suitability
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178