The primary responsibility of the Scoping Manager is to oversee and manage the entire scoping program for all types of projects (initiatives) in his/her market, including recruiting, training and managing a team of scoping specialists who perform scoping for original OOMs, OOM revisions and financial true-ups in conjunction with project closeout. The Scoping Manager should be a quality minded leader who is able to communicate well at all levels of the telecom business. This position requires detailed knowledge of RBS product lines including LTE, UMTS, GSM, EDGE, CDMA. As well as a working knowledge of Ericsson, Nortel & Lucent, equipment deployed to cell sites. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Facilitate and Support Front End Scoping including LTE AC, NSB, Split Sector, Bandwidth Expansion and 4T4R initiatives.
- AutoForms responsibilities for all market initiatives. Responsibilities include interfacing with RAN, internal and external Site Acquisition Associates, Real Estate & Construction and Engineering Teams with cradle to grave ownership of RDFS movement.
- Work with Project Managers and Construction Managers to quote new turnkey cell site work to their customers to include developing the scope of work, engineering requirements, material requirements, resource requirements & detailed pricing.
- Attend internal department meetings as required to determine and verify SOW and pricing for individual projects
- Conduct audits to review, verify and approve site close out packages.
- A&E - Review project drawings and provide design recommendations. Review and interpretation of project drawings for accurate scoping (SOW and driver pricing. Provide input to Project Managers with redlines when required).
- Participate in post build site reviews to verify vendor quality.
- Must have a working knowledge of AT&T Turf contract and driver pricing and ensure they are enforced.
- Review, scrub and modify Norad OOM''s according to approved additions and subtractions (changes) made during construction.
- Review and manage RFDS and other RF Engineering related documents and ensure they are interpreted correctly by internal groups and external vendors.
- Provide early intervention during creation and modification of RF data to support just in time delivery of project material to eliminate ordering errors, and BULK ordering which results in surplus inventory
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years of related leadership experience within the telecommunications or related industry
- Proficient reading installation and engineering documentation.
- Proficient at writing and interpreting technical & scope of work documents.
- Extensive knowledge of Cell Site construction practices and requirements
- Proficient with computers, Windows, Microsoft Office, mapping software and there applications required on the job.
- Excellent organizational, time management, problem solving, written and verbal skills
- Management, establishment, and communication of clear goals and objectives
- Works primarily in an office environment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk , hear, stoop, kneel and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds
- Must have the ability and be willing to travel, as required, for job related functions
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Complex Problem Solving