At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
This is the principal selling agent within the assigned territory with the purpose of achieving the short and long-term objectives established in the company’s Business Plan. Objectives will be achieved through the discovering of new customers and building on relationships with existing customers in the assigned territory.
- Performs Sales Calls that includes but is not limited to: traveling to customers and potential customer’s facilities providing them with information and support; making sales presentations to prospective and present clients; calculating and quoting prices, taking orders and closing transactions; contacting prospects and explaining features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales and negotiation techniques; answering all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required
- Monitors territory performance against established objectives/guidelines and takes the appropriate action to improve performance
- Provides customer service to ensure resolution of issues within marketing policies; communicates customer requirements and request support from other departments as necessary; provides product specific customer feedback (i.e. product features, quality, functionality, competition, possible sales results, etc.) to product line managers, management or customer service personnel as appropriate to assist in achieving company’s mission, vision and objectives
- Assists in establishing sales objectives for the territory in conjunction with the Regional Vice President and ensures sales activities in the territory comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines
- Informs management of industry, product, economic, and other territory changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely reporting of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning
- Assists in developing a territory coverage plan, which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals
- Performs analysis on region opportunities and develops forecast for sales by customer and product and other statistical reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception
- Provides recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, vehicles, documents, materials, etc. are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent work experience required
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible work-related experience and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job;
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s diverse business and product lines
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers and business contacts, at all organizational levels; ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, ability to achieve results through team efforts, and ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze statistical and financial data to develop solutions
- Ability to travel
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.