MV Transportation is seeking an Accounting Clerk who will ensure the accuracy and completion of all accounts payable and receivable processes, to ensure accurate client invoicing and collections, and to ensure the accuracy of payroll and all other local financial obligations.
- Process payroll for all employees including garnishments, taxes, and relevant fare deductions on bi-weekly basis to ensure that all employees are paid accurately for their working hours.
- Submit PCN's for all new hires and job/wage changes in the appropriate time frame to ensure accurate payroll and employee records at corporate.
- Submit appropriate paperwork and documentation for payroll exceptions and bonuses.
- Complete daily and weekly reports for Operations/General Manager review to ensure that hours and payroll are within budgeted amounts for service provided.
- Maintain accurate fare accounting records and relevant payroll deductions for affected employees.
- Prepare accounts payable invoices for Manager approval and payment from Corporate office in a timely manner ensuring the accuracy of account charges as well as the timely payment of vendors.
- Prepare client invoices in a timely manner to ensure appropriate posting to general ledger.
- Assist corporate office with account collections for client accounts. Prepare appropriate credit/debit memos to ensure accuracy accounts receivable balances.
- Submit all employee benefit applications and ensure the appropriate payroll deductions take place.
- Update and maintain employee files related to payroll and human resources
- Update and maintain vendor and supplier files
- Establish credit with local vendors.
- Act as guardian of petty cash and imprest funds, submit regular petty cash reimbursement requests and expense reimbursement requests as necessary on behalf of other management staff.
- Ensure accuracy of preliminary and final financial statements, prepare journal entries to make corrections to ensure that an accurate picture of local finances is available. Prepare projections as required by local, regional and corporate management for forecasting purposes.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget and CER requests.
- Provide assistance to employees requiring wage and hour data reported to local agencies including housing and social services.
- Submit all necessary paperwork and documentation for new hires and employee terminations.
- Provide purchasing assistance to local management staff
- Ensure ample stores of necessary items including office supplies and computer equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent, some college or accounting experience preferred depending on location and overall project budget.
- Five (5) years payroll processing or accounting background preferred.
- Accounting basics.
- Payroll and data entry processing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
To be discussed at interview.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: ACCOU39183
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
For more than 35 years, MV Transportation, Inc. and all subsidiaries, joint ventures, partnerships and affiliates, (or “MV”) has provided safe, reliable and affordable passenger transportation services to cities, counties, municipalities, and other jurisdictional entities, as well as for private corporations, non-profit agencies, and community organizations.
View the full profile
MV was founded as a paratransit company by Alex and Feysan Lodde in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1975. The Loddes served as the company’s first vehicle operators, dispatchers and managers in their efforts to improve the lives of those most in need in their community by providing transportation services to the elderly and disabled. Nearly two decades later, the company has grown into a the largest private provider of paratransit services and the largest privately-owned passenger transportation contracting firm based in the United States. MV holds the longest tenure of consistent ownership of any of its competitors - the Lodde’s remain owners of the company and are members of the Board of Directors.
The company grew from its paratransit roots, providing multimode passenger transportation services across North America and currently expanding internationally. The company’s rapid growth is a clear indication of its commitment to its more than 16,000 employees, its commitment to quality and its progressive approach toward passenger transportation.
With our corporate headquarters based in Dallas, Texas and satellite support centers located in Fairfield, CA and Elk Horn, IA, MV operates more than 200 transportation contracts across North America. In addition to operations in 29 of the United States, MV operates service in Washington D.C., two Canadian Provinces and Saudi Arabia.