To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60644
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Process Technician - Semiconductor
DRS Technologies Inc • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a leading supplier of infrared (IR) imaging, DRS NIS – Illinois is seeking a process technician who will join the manufacturing team for semiconductor parts by epitaxial growth. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining and operating process equipment, preparing wafers and holders, inspecting and handling parts according to product specific requirements. Other technical support tasks in the manufacturing facility and administrative support tasks will be required.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: Associate’s degree
- Experience: 2+ years or equivalent combination of education and experience
- (These represent the minimum years of experience and education required)
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Work under minimal supervision and provide guidance to other technicians
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Ability to handle small delicate components
- Ability to handle hazardous chemicals
- Work from engineering specifications, operation sheets, wiring and assembly drawings, and sketches
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Test, inspect, and repair electronic, optical or mechanical assemblies
- Soldering, wire bonding, and/or machine tool experience are a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate various types of manufacturing, material growth reactors and or process equipment to conduct experiments or to grow custom materials
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientists on components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Responsible for testing, reworking, and repairing electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies
- Assist in training new team members
- Interface with other team members to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Lifting 50 lbs. <5% of time
- Walking about 30% of time
- Climbing <5% of time
- Bending <10% of time
- Sitting about 30% of time
- Standing about 40%
- Stooping <5% of time
- Kneeling <10% of time
- Must wear frock, gloves, and safety glasses
- Travel – Up to 5% of year
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS