To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Milford, NJ 07646
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology (IT) Security Engineer
Kforce Technology • New Milford, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
Banking - Financial Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking an Information Technology (IT) Security Engineer in New Milford, New Jersey (NJ).
- Responsible for the network security architecture, review of internal and external IT projects and applications for risk and adherence to security policies, standards and industry best practices
- This position will evaluate and deploy security technologies and make recommendations for hardware/software products
- The Information Security Engineer will perform incident response activities for security events, vulnerability management and penetration testing
- The Information Security Engineer must work independently, make decisions based on sound security principles, and be proactive in identifying issues, and troubleshooting problems
- Technical degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Technology, or similar discipline preferred
- 7 years of related experience and/or training in Information Technology/Information Security, plus 3 years of related system management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of issues and problems related to information security
- Knowledge of contemporary hardware, software, and network architectures
- Strong technical background in systems and networking
- High level of integrity and sound judgment concerning security, privacy issues and complex situations
- Effective, efficient written and verbal communication skills
- Strong service commitment
- Excellent planning skills
- Ability to work as a productive, responsible, self-motivated member and/or leader of a team
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to understand and implement cultural change related to technology
- Solid understanding of network components (WAN, LAN, routers, switches, firewalls)
- Advanced: 10-Key, Database, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
- Intermediate: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Presentation/PowerPoint
- Basic: Accounting, Contact Management
Preferred Candidate will be or possess:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- GIAC Certification
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: ITAQG1687370
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.