At Exelon, we've got aplace for you!
Join the nation'sleading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricitygeneration portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will bepart of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of powergeneration, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team ofoutstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership,innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusiveworkforce.
Exelon willprovide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance asuccessful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of ouremployees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health andretirement benefits.
Join Exelonand share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establishyourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, moresustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARYPURPOSE OF POSITION
Performsadvanced technical/engineering problem solving in support of nuclear plantoperations. Responsible for technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledgein functional discipline and its practical application and has detailedknowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARYDUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering change packages and analyses.
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement in modification projects.
- Provide complete task management of engineering issues.
- Perform engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs.
- Recommend innovative solutions to improve technical products an governance to deliver best quality, schedule, cost and risk reduction while retaining correct design and code/regulation compliance.
Possessesspecialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimalsupervisory review. Performs engineering tasks independently and activelyimparts knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineer2B. Must be able to manage and implement engineering analysis and technicalprograms. Has wide latitude to make technical decisions withinaccountabilities.
Defend theplant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputsand plant changes in accordance with approved processes and designrequirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and componentsand facility changes. Ensure the plant’s physical and functionalcharacteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Performengineering analysis to support plant changes. Providemechanical/chemical lead engineer or supporting engineer services to assignedprojects. Adhere to project management and CDO project control processesand guidance.
- B. S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years’ engineering experience
- 2 or more years’ solid performance with last two in top half of Engr 2 band
- Qualified or recently qualified Exelon Nuclear Engineering Support Personnel
- Qualified Exelon Nuclear Engineering structural engineer
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.