To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockport, IN 47635
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AK Steel • Rockport, IN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you An Electrical Engineer Looking for a Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity? If so, AK Steel, Rockport Works, would like to talk with you and has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer at 6500 N. US 231, Rockport, IN for the Finishing Cold Mill Department. Under the direction of the Maintenance Section Manager, the Electrical Engineer position is responsible for providing technical expertise to plan, coordinate and execute engineering tasks required for proper and timely completion of repairs during downturns, outages and breakdowns as well as to design and troubleshoot electrical and electronic systems. This includes relay logic, motor controls, motor regulators, programmable logic controllers, personal computers and instrumentation.
1. Design and installation supervision of projects that directly reduce down time or improve product quality.
2. Troubleshoot and supervise repairs of electrical systems.
3. Replace substandard systems.
4. Identify failed components and causes that led to their failure.
5. Assist in outages.
6. Contact, contractors, outside engineering firms and oversee work of outside contractors.
7. Perform “root cause analysis” and prepare corrective action reports.
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor Degree
- Proficient computer skills
- On the job training or equivalent experience of 3 – 5 years
- Strong Communication skills for all levels
- Strong Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Recent field experience in upgrading automation and drive systems
Why You Should Apply:
- Excellent and very competitive pay
- Excellent and complete benefit package – eligible day one of employment
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision – Plans as low as $20/month
- Company provided Basic Life Insurance and Accidental, Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Company Contributes 3% into Retirement Thrift Plan AND also Matches
- Earned Vacation
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 1 Personal Day
- Short term/Long Term disability paid by Company
- Career growth opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.