South Bay Insurance Defense Firm is seeking a Litigation Paralegal with trial, insurance litigation defense experience.
Litigation paralegal (paralegal certificate required) 3+ years’ experience in tort law environment (medical malpractice experience a plus). Candidate will have their own team of attorneys. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing motions including motions to compel demur and motions to strike.
- Propound discovery request and respond to same.
- Summarize various records including medical records and employment files.
- Preparing, e-filing and serving pre-trial documents.
- Organizing and compiling exhibits for trial binders (paper and PDF).
- Pretrial and trial document preparation.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have a Paralegal Certificate
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and Westlaw drafting software programs
- Prolaw calendaring, document management or comparable program experience
- Must possess exemplary grammar and spelling skills
- Ability to work self manage and work well on a team
Kjar, McKenna & Stockalper was established in 2018 in Huntington Beach and El Segundo, specializing in insurance and professional liability defense. The firm has lawyers whose range of expertise includes many related legal fields, such as business litigation, health care law, legal malpractice defense, product liability and managed care issues.
The mission of Kjar, McKenna & Stockalper is to aggressively represent our clients through quality counsel and advocacy, and to reach these goals through uncompromising dedication, ethical standard and personal integrity, while maintaining a stable and profitable business enterprise with the highest reputation. Kjar, McKenna & Stockalper LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits and bonus information available during interview process.
- Attention To Detail
- Calendaring Software
- Document Management Systems