More Information about this Job: $15,000 Sign-On Bonus with a full-time, 12 month commitment
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. Position Summary:
The mission and purpose of this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner. Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Assess each call situation to determine the best course of action while working with progressive Paramedic protocols.
- Utilize your Paramedic skills on medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, and intravenous fluids to provide advanced medical care.
- Communicate with patients and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given.
- Act as Paramedic team leader and take responsibility for the scene and unit management as needed.
- Drive the ambulance on 911 responses.
- Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel as well as your fellow paramedics and the general public.
Working Conditions and Mental/physical Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- State Paramedic License
- State Driver's License
- BLS, ACLS, NREMT-Paramedic
- PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification and maintain currency
- Other certifications as required by local City, County or State
- Driving record in compliance with company policy
- Pass Physical Agility Test
- Some work experience, preferably in healthcare
Working Conditions: Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays, extended workdays. Long periods inside the ambulance. May work indoors or outdoors with exposure to weather. Possible routine exposure to moderate noise levels. May periodically work in poorly lit environments in a moving vehicle.
Physical Demands: Moderate to extended amounts of sitting, standing, and walking. Some repetitive motion activities. Routinely lifting more than 200 lbs. with assistance. Pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, carrying, typing and stair climbing. Visual identification of color-coded items. Clear speech and hearing. Must be able to wear a face mask or respirator with proper fit for extended periods when required.
Mental Requirements: Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Fatigue, high pressure, exposure to stressful situations. Guiding Values and Behaviors:
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
PLEASE NOTE: upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated
- National Registry Emergency Medical Technician
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Health Care