Knorr Brake Company is the innovative leader in the manufacture and supply of braking systems, passenger doors and climate-control equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO, Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail Vehicles for the North America market. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! URL blocked - click to apply
- Support the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Ensure that the KBC companies are in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US, Canadian and German GAAP and International Accounting Standards.
- Oversee the integrity of the Financial Statements, Cash Management, Benefits, Insurance, Equipment /Building Leases, Contract Oversight and Payroll.
- Manage the IT Department.
- As an Officer of the company, prepare and present the semi-annual Board of Directors Meeting materials and holds the additional role of Assistant Secretary for the Company.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
The position has a dotted-line relationship with the CFO for Bendix in Elyria, OH.Required Skills
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
- Oversee operations activities of the business units,
- Directly oversee all Finance and accounting
- Work closely with the Business Units for sales management to achieve growth targets.
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves targets relative to growth and profitability
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Oversee the interim and yearly external audit, review and analyze results and recommend for approval the audited financial statements.
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures
- Extensive knowledge of total business ERP and financial forecasting systems
- Strong business acumen
- Working knowledge of IFRS, GAAP & tax laws
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Planning and Organizing
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible Accounting and Finance experience required, including a min. of 2-5 years of financial management experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with sales over $100M desirable.
- Experience working for a global company and SAP experience is a plus.
Some High School (years)
High School Diploma
MBA Degree or CPA
What does Knorr Brake Company have to offer you?
- Competitive Health Benefits
- Company Paid Life and Disability Benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401 (k) Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Free Passes to Local Attractions
- Free Gym memberships
- Additional Discount Offerings
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Company Paid Holidays
- Monthly Employee Welfare Events and Volunteer Opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.