Freese and Nichols, Inc. is seeking an experienced Instrumentation & Control (I&C) Systems Engineer to lead and grow the SCADA/I&C services in the Southeastern US.
Our electrical group provides a wide variety of services to the water and wastewater industry, municipal, government, federal, educational facilities, commercial, and private practice clients. As a Lead I&C Systems Engineer, you will leverage your technical expertise and experience to successfully execute and deliver I&C and SCADA projects from inception to successful startup and turnover. To be successful, you will work with multi-discipline, highly interactive teams on I&C and SCADA design, construction, and implementation projects for municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment, conveyance systems, and facilities. To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate strong leadership abilities, interpersonal, negotiation, communication skills, teamwork, and organizational skills.
The ideal candidate will be directly responsible for the growth and client acquisition of our expanding Electrical team in regions across the Southeastern US.
* Oversee the development of technical design & construction documents (e.g., construction drawings, technical specifications, cost estimates)
* Coordinate with multidiscipline teams on the development of technical memoranda and develop design criteria, SCADA system architecture, process, and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), SCADA network diagrams, process control functional narratives, control schematics, panel layout diagrams, and interconnection diagrams
* Assist project managers with the development of scope of work, budgets, cost estimates, and project schedules
* Oversee the development of I&C system designs
* Conduct factory testing, site acceptance testing, field checkout, and startup of I&C and SCADA system
* Program process control logic in PLCs and configure graphical HMI for SCADA system on a variety of platforms
* Configure historical data collection, archiving and generating reports on a variety of platforms
* Supervise and mentor junior engineers and designers
* Modify/develop SCADA specifications including instrumentation and controls for process systems, SCADA, and instrumentation.
* Travel to client sites and other FNI office locations
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer, Engineering, or a closely related discipline
* 12 years of I&C, Automation, and SCADA system design and implementation experience in the water/wastewater market or similar industry
* Experience in developing bid and construction documents
* PLC/HMI programming, configuration & startup experience
* Cyber Security experience
* Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license
Key Skills and Attributes:
* Ability to self-direct and work on multiple assignments at once while meeting project deliverable dates and completing other task-driven assignments
* Advanced knowledge in applying instrumentation and controls to process and electromechanical equipment and developing SCADA networks.
* Knowledge of designing and developing fiber optic cable networks for SCADA systems.
* Understanding of radio and cellular telemetry networks.
* Knowledge of IT and industrial networks.
* 15 years of experience in the water/wastewater market or similar industry
* The ability to obtain a PE license in Texas within 12 months of employment
* The ability to obtain a PE license in other states of Southeaster US
At Freese and Nichols, everyone on our team gets to make a meaningful difference in our communities. For more than 125 years, we have been planning and designing the infrastructure our society needs: developing water supplies, designing roadways and bridges, preparing for natural disasters, and much more. We've built our business on long-term relationships with clients and employees alike, resulting in financial stability, career opportunities, and a nationally recognized workplace culture.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) matching, paid overtime for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement, and much more. Our unique culture creates an environment for professional growth where we focus on caring for our clients, coworkers, and the communities where we work. Join our team of 1,000 employees as we continue to expand our services throughout the United States. Learn more about working here at freese.com/careers.
Freese and Nichols is a federal contractor subject to President Biden's Executive Order 14042 requiring COVID vaccinations for employees of firms that have federal government contracts. All persons hired by Freese and Nichols are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption. Proof of vaccination, an approved medical exemption form or an approved religious exemption form will be required.
Freese and Nichols is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
We recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we strive to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. As a Federal Contractor, Freese and Nichols is an equal employment, affirmative action employer.
- Architectural Drawing
- Business Development
- Computer Security