To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO 80202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Design Project Management Consultant
Chipotle Mexican Grill • Denver, CO
Posted 6 days ago
The primary objective of the Chipotle Development Department is to support Operations by designing, constructing, and maintaining efficient restaurants with distinctive interior design, while pursuing sustainable building options and processes. Our approach to designing and building restaurants using more environmentally friendly building materials and systems is an expression of our Food With Integrity (FWI) commitment. The department seeks new sustainability initiatives as well as innovative FWI practices for all our restaurants.
The Restaurant Support Consultant (RSC) works directly with the Lead Restaurant Support Manager and Restaurant Support Manager on the design and construction of Company Initiatives and remodel projects in a manner consistent with established trade dress, standards, and guidelines and within established time frames and budgets. He/she follows SOX processes along with ensuring accuracy and compliance of all requisite SOX documentation. The RSC also collaborates with the Senior Restaurant Design Manager and Director of Design on the continual improvement of design-related programs affecting new and existing Chipotle restaurants. He/she also develops appropriate Chipotle Brand expertise and encourages Chipotle Brand awareness in leveraged and outsourced vendors and establishes the expectation of exceptional performance and cost effectiveness. He/she enforces standardized vendor/supplier processes on equipment and finishes, construction procedures for reinvestment, and maintenance and repair projects.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Lead Restaurant Support Manager in scheduling the design, documentation and construction of Company Initiatives and remodel projects
- Working closely with vendors and suppliers to ensure proper integration of their packages with the design and construction of new restaurants, and communicating the expectation of exceptional performance and cost effectiveness
- Assisting with the implementation, management, and analysis of pilot programs and test installations; communicating all findings in clear, concise format for consideration by senior management; and partnering with various departments when appropriate to achieve integrated participation on such programs and/or installations
- Assisting with research of new products, processes, and materials for consideration in existing and new store development, as necessary
- Coordinating with consulting architect during the completion of the construction documents to ensure consistency with established standards and guidelines, providing information and clarifications as necessary
- Act as point of contact between Chipotle and third party/vendor resources
- Specifically, tasked with project level communications amongst multiple internal departments as needed
- Providing clear, consistent communication on an as-needed basis by way of email, phone, and through web based systems
- Assisting the Lead Restaurant Support Manager and Restaurant Support Manager in scheduling the design and documentation of Company Initiatives and remodel projects
- Partnering with various departments when appropriate to achieve integrated participation on pilot programs and/or test installations
The ideal candidate will:
- Be familiar with Auto CAD, Bluebeam and other relevant computer applications
- Have current knowledge of cost of goods and services related to restaurant development
- Be knowledgeable in building renovation and investigation, design and design development, code conformance, specification development and maintenance, agency coordination and facilitation, and engineering consultant coordination
- Possess highly-developed technical and design skills; be able to pay thorough attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
- Have excellent graphic, verbal, and writing skills with a proven ability to manage and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented context, where timeliness and clarity of intercommunication are critical
- Be fearless
- Have a B.S./B.A. in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or Business; or an equivalent in education and experience
- Have five (5) to ten (10) years management experience in Facilities, Architecture and/or Construction Administration
- Enjoy moderate to extensive travel