Fiserv seeks an experienced Transition Manager to work closely with the Program Manager to execute and coordinate transition planning for our federal government client. This individual will work very closely with all stakeholder groups across the enterprise, partner and customer organizations and must have highly developed project management and communication skills. Attention to detail to spot changes in transition processes and problem-solving skills to develop quick and effective solutions to transition management challenges is critical. The Transition Manager will be responsible for coordinating implementation activities and providing effective team leadership, including information flow to and from operations during project work. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- 4-year degree, which may be substituted with 8 years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently both verbally and in writing and have extensive negotiation, influencing, and conflict resolution expertise
- Demonstrates commitment to IT methodologies, processes and standards for transition planning and support
- Preferred: Relevant certification, i.e. PMP, PMI-ACP, ITIL, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in transition project management or related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure)
- 5+ years of related PM experience in a corporate IT environment providing in-depth knowledge and expert support to an enterprise operation center, managing operation teams in a largely self-driven, self-directed capacity that includes the ability to identify, escalate and manage project risks
- Extensive, demonstrative experience transitioning complex IT projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for multi-million dollar public sector projects, preferably within the federal sector
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work and team effectively with varied service groups, partners and client in matrixed, geographically diverse environment
- Knowledge of service transition methodology, tools and templates
- Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in different project phases
- Service Excellence
- Organizational Savvy & Politics
- Working with Microsoft Office
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Effective Communications
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Application Architecture
- Navigating Ambiguity
- Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Technical Knowledge
- IT Standards, Procedures, Policies
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.