Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
The Patient Scheduler is responsible for scheduling clinical staff to visit patients. This may include Option Care Nursing, Subcontracted Nursing, and Network Nursing. Works closely with the pharmacy, nursing and warehouse to determine schedule needs and availability to insure appropriate patient care.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Ensures appropriate staffing is arranged for all patient care.
- Coordinates, monitors and schedules patient care across all clinical areas.
- Contacts patients and clinicians to schedule and confirm deliveries and visits.
- Responsible for interpreting physician’s orders and scheduling according to orders.
- Coordinate scheduling needs with staffing availability.
- Insures management is aware of staffing needs and requirements.
- Facilitates patient complaints or issues to appropriate department.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) No
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of previous scheduling experience.
- 2 or more years in general office administration
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports,) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, external clients).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word 2003 or later (for example: such as: creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel 2003 or later (for example: creating worksheets, entering data, creating basic formulas, working with cells and rows).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
Previous home healthcare experience
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.