P1 Group is seeking an Mechanical Construction Project Manager to oversee projects throughout the United States.
Join our P1 Group Team!
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We have a competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Manages construction projects or assists senior management on large projects. Manages the project’s field staff, subcontractor performance, and vendor compliance. Thoroughly understands and complies with contract documents, budgets, and safety, statutory, and legal compliance.
- Manages Project Coordination, Scheduling and Construction
- Monitors Project Accounting and Profitability
- Maintains constructive relationships and supportive communications with clients, vendors, subcontractors, inspectors, community officials, P1 Group staff, and immediate supervisor.
- Leads subordinates as defined by P1 Group’s leadership model and its operating principles.
- Directly contributes to the success of the company by effectively and efficiently managing the construction project so that it is completed on time (according to adjusted schedules) and within budget.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for this position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a construction or mechanical engineering related discipline, or at least five years of mechanical trade experience, or equivalent combination of mechanical service/construction training/education and mechanical field trade experience. High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical construction project management on construction projects, directly overseeing mechanical construction work. General contractors or project managers overseeing mechanical contractors do not meet this requirement.
- Must have significant mechanical project management experience in two or more of these areas: mission critical, industrial, Federal Government contracting.
Other requirements: Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle record check. Must be able to satisfactorily pass a drug screen. Must be able to meet our company’s qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- A substantial amount of travel is required to assigned jobsites and to P1 offices.
- Project Coordination