To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, VA
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Aerospace Engineer - Commercial Launch
ECS Federal, LLC • Arlington, VA
Posted 3 days ago
ECS is seeking a Senior Aerospace Engineer - Commercial Launch to work in our Arlington, VA office.
Please Note: This position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS seeks a motivated scientist/engineer with knowledge or background experience in space, aerospaces. The candidate selected for this position will serve as a SETA at DARPA, with the responsibility of providing technical and programmatic support to a DARPA TTO Program Manager. A TS/SCI clearance is required.
- This position is in anticipation of a upcoming task order supporting a PM that ECS currently supports, and has supported for the last 3-4 years.
- Individual will support the PM in all technical aspects providing full life-cycle Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support including concept development, field testing, and technology transition to the Services.
- Identify and maintain relationships with R&D performers and transition partners
- Survey and summarize relevant government, academic, and contracted research
- Required to travel to support program
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Space, aerospace, aerodynamics engineering expertise with significant professional background in space systems (GNC, Entry/landing/descent (EDL), Ground control, satellite tracking, Propulsion, materials.)
- Engineering/operational experience with Super/Hyper/Transonic velocity regimes, flight control design, aerodynamic pressures/turbulence.
- Strong experience/background/capability with MATLAB and similar modeling tools.
- Commercial space launch experience
- Experience working at a Space SPO or DoD/IC offices, test and system test background strongly desired.
- Flight test engineer, aeronautical build and test background a plus.
- Experience working with National level flight test chambers (i.e., wind, environmental, CFD, shock).
- Ability to self-motivate and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Minimum 10-15 years space experience
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.