To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Charles, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Business Development Specialist
McDermott • Lake Charles, LA
Posted 27 days ago
Identifies and helps to develop strategic relationshipswith content and technological partners. Other duties as assigned.
McDermott is seeking Pipe fabrication businessdevelopment lead for its gulf coast region fabrication plants. This position isresponsible for managing the business development function and strategy for itspipe fabrication business segment in US gulf coast ; responsible fordeveloping the business plan and leading the fabrication sales to meetthe vision and strategic goals of the fabrication product Line. Maintain constant awareness of customer needs, Focus on target accounts that havea major strategic impact on the long-term success of the organization.Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Works with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Introduce the firms pipe fabrication services to prospective clients. Ensure decision makers understand the benefits of the company services.
- Responsible for building a pipeline of project opportunities.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Engineering Firms, Owners and Developers to ensure future partnerships.
- Identifies, qualifies and secures new business opportunities through personal networks and marketing research.
- Works closely with Executive Team to assess opportunities and confirms that the type of work fits companys business model and risk profile.
- In addition to competencies in Levels 1,2,3,4 is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and guidance to others.
- Is a lead contributor; may participate in development of business strategy.
- Progression to this level is typically restricted based on business requirements.
- Has developed depth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines.
- Applies expertise to the most complex problems; coordinates work outside own area of expertise.
- Anticipates customer needs to influence the development of innovative solutions.
- Anticipates internal/external business and regulatory issues; recommends process/product improvements.
- Manages resource requirements and business needs for projects.
- Anticipates problems; develops innovative solutions and ensures solutions are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Develops and manages plans to achieve objectives; participates in the development of business strategy.
- Presents highly complex ideas and anticipates potential objections; influences others.
- Takes leadership role; acts as a facilitator and mentor.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing or engineering.
- Typically has 10 to 25 years of relevant experience.
McDermottis a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering andconstruction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century,customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructureand technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport andtransform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.