Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Working with the Principal Investigator and other lab personnel to facilitate research activity in the lab.
• Assist with ordering and maintaining lab supply stocks.
• Assist with experiments in the lab including tissue culture maintenance, DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, western blotting, production of recombinant proteins, and performing enzyme assays.
• Assist in the analysis and presentation of data.
• Assist in maintaining laboratory organization, including sample tracking, and equipment maintenance.
Bachelor of Science in chemistry and/or molecular biology.
Background in biochemistry, biology, chemistry and genetics. Ability to work with live rodents, primarily mice. Technical abilities with common software programs (Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, StaView and Geneworks). Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information.
Prior experience in a laboratory setting.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
Ribonucleic Acid Sequencing
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 12567P
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Indiana University has seven campuses, including core campuses in Bloomington and IUPUI - Indianapolis, and regional campuses in Northwest, Kokomo, Southeast, East, and South Bend.
View the full profile
The benefits go beyond healthcare and retirement—you'll belong to a strong, proud community of faculty and staff who support and applaud each other in all achievements, big or small, in a challenging and rewarding work culture.
Fast Facts about Indiana University
• #1 largest employer in the state
• Total student enrollment (Fall 2014): 114,370
• Total living alumni: More than 600,000, including nearly 272,000 Indiana residents
• Annual operating budget: $3.3 billion
• Employees: More than 23,000, including faculty and professional and support staff
• Research centers and institutes: More than 200
• Endowment: More than $1.988 billion
The IU Factbook offers detailed information about administration, student enrollment, academic programs, degrees conferred, facilities, and finances. Or, access a year-by-year chronology of important events in Indiana University history from the University Archives.