Compensation: $15-$21 per hour depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiates sales calls with previous, current, and potential customers to solicit new and existing business.
- Assists customers in all aspects of order placement, including answering product questions, preparing price quotes, order status inquiries, providing information on shipping or billing, and addressing complaints or concerns.
- Initiates order entry process and accurately enters data into ERP.
- Enhances existing relationships by informing customers of newly available product offerings.
- Maintains contact with salesmen responsible for specifically assigned accounts.
- Partners and collaborates with Sales Representatives and Sales Managers to ensure that all customer activity is handled promptly and thoroughly.
- Coordinates with production, scheduling, and shipping to meet established schedules as customer requires.
- Manages paperwork flow until billing is completed.
- Maintains a continuing knowledge of steel wire products.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs;
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
- Business Acumen - Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition;
- Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure;
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent Typing Skills
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Professional Phone Manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills
Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from four-year college or university; or Associate’s degree and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Inventory software, and Order processing systems.
Certificates and Licenses:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Tools, Equipment or Vehicles: (Items used in performing job duties)
- Computer and auxiliary equipment
Measures of Performance:
- High level of accuracy/professionalism in order entry and communication
- Strong follow up skills
- Positive customer relationships
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Accomplish specific objectives as defined in quarterly, yearly or periodic Performance Reviews
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitude and demonstrate the flexibility to take on other duties as needed
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of department operation
- Follow department standard operating procedures
- Support other team members/positive organization relationships
- Complete projects and customer inquiries within specified timeframe
- Sales performance