The Senior Analyst, Transformation and Continuous Improvement is a key role in AAP’s long-term strategy to streamline processes and optimize technology. The role will support key projects and initiatives of the Controllership organization. The Senior Analyst will partner with Accounting and IT on the maintenance and enhancement of existing financial modules including Oracle CLOUD, along with the adoption of new technology to support Accounting and Finance. Duties and responsibilities will cover a broad range of activities including project management, data analysis, design, monitoring and testing of systems and processes as well as trouble-shooting ad hoc issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a catalyst in interpreting functional needs of the Accounting team, translating opportunities into solutions using data, advanced analytic tools and other emerging technologies
- Support and drive significant ad hoc projects including streamlining existing processes and development of transformation and change management programs for technology process implementations while ensuring compliance with Internal controls and GAAP
- Collaborate with external consultants and partner with cross-functional teams including Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Internal Audit to optimize projects according to impact, priority, budget and resource availability
- Work with leadership of the Controllership organization and key stakeholders to provide analysis supporting the development of recommendations and implementing analytical approaches and methodologies to capture the critical, actionable data to achieve business goals
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Accounting function including people, process, and technologies to assist in documenting procedures and data/process flows
- Evaluate the ROI of new emerging technologies, best practice operating models and opportunities to optimize analytics across the organization
- Apply knowledge of accounting principles, best practices and technologies to develop tools that provide actionable business insight to assist the Controllership organization
- Support the period-end close process including monitoring system integrity, interfaces, access and rights/SOD; identify areas to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Provide analysis for support issues and work with subject matter experts, IT, and end users to provide functional and technical solutions.
- Provide overall application expertise and assist with system testing and change management support including training, deployment and postproduction hyper-care
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibility
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Oracle, PeopleSoft, SmartView, PowerBI and/or Crystal Reports desired
- Understands, embraces and manages project planning and execution methodology, including the associated tools, work plan schedules, issue resolution tracking and status review updates
- Operates with a collaborative mindset to ensure that key stakeholders are considered, builds relationships to leverage information and insights; communicates well with stakeholders and openly shares information
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to build and maintain effective relationships, both internally and externally with a broad group of stakeholders fostering trust
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline-driven work environment
- Analytical and logical thinking skills are paramount
- Ability to identify, clarify and resolve issues and risks related to project design, build and test activities, escalating them as needed
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with the ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it in a clear and concise manner
- Innovative thinker and agile learner; able to readily apply past learnings in new situations to generate solutions to challenges and/or create something entirely new
- Sound decision-making skills - able to recognize and research a problem, identifying its component parts, causes and cost impact
- Flexible and supportive - able to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and capacity to hold sensitive information in confidence
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required; Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Information Systems discipline preferred
- 3+ years of financial accounting and reporting experience with a solid understanding of business applications and accounting systems
- Knowledge of generally accepted finance and accounting policies, principles and controls
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical transactions and financial reports. Ability to present information to various levels within the organization, including executive leadership. Ability to respond to common inquiries or feedback from team members, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individ