GDIT has an exciting opportunity for a Network/Server Administrator supporting the NAVAIR Foreign Military Sales programs in Lexington Park Maryland. All work is currently performed at GDIT workspace in California Maryland.
Responsible for the design and development of voice and/or data communications networks. Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Familiarity with Cisco hardware, routers, switches, firewalls, and integration. Designs, builds, and implements network systems. Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions. Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications.
5+ years of experience in the following:
- Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Enterprise LAN/WAN environments.
- Network administration and analysis.
- Working with appropriate complex network administration and maintenance.
- Working with complex system implementations and organizational processes to include maintaining network system documentation.
- Maintaining the integrity and security of networks and connected systems.
- Evaluating vendor products and making recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and coordinating installation.
- Developing and monitoring policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
- Developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
- Experience with managing Windows Server 2012-2019 platforms is a plus.
- Assist in management of departmental hardware/software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired but not required:
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Familiarity with scanning for network vulnerabilities.
BA/BS degree or 8 years of experience in lieu of a degree and 3 years of additional experience.
- US Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Installations (Computer Systems)