With indirect supervision, the Certified Coder/Biller performs clerical functions including but not limited to: Computer data entry, maintain and navigate patient charts, review physician documentation and performs functions related to billing
including ICD-10 and CPT coding in addition to entering charges. Additionally, promotes teamwork among co-workers and adheres to patient satisfaction principles. Performs other duties as assigned. Must have successfully completed ICD-10 and CPT coding course from AAPC or AHIMA.
• High school diploma or its equivalent required
• Experience in a physician office or other healthcare setting preferred
• Ability to work with accuracy in an automated environment required
• Knowledge of medical terminology required
• Computer knowledge and experience required
• Previous ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding preferred
• Insurance and authorization process knowledge helpful
• 2-3 years experience in medical billing preferred
• Understanding of the hospital revenue cycle preferred
License or Certification Requirements:
• Certified Coder Required or obtained within 6 months of hire.
Work Schedule: Days
Location: Hoover - Kankakee
• Understands billing requirements for Medicare/Medicaid/HMO/PPO and miscellaneous billing as defined by contract, state or federal law.
• Ability to analyze documentation to ensure compliance and assign appropriate codes.
• Ability to work collaboratively with providers and team members to finalize coding and billing.
• Actively participates in continuing education opportunities to improve job performance and/or maintain credentialing.
• Adheres to recognized coding guidelines in all aspects of work.
• Assigns appropriate modifiers to CPT codes to fully describe services rendered.
• Performs functions related to the coding and billing process including accurate ICD-10 and CPT coding for professional and hospital billing.
• Verifies that all physicians involved in the patient's care are correctly recorded in the abstract.
• Enters charges when appropriate.
• Scans physician documentation to the appropriate patient record.
• Performs accurate computer data entry of patient demographics.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
* CERTIFIED CODING ASSOCIATE
* HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
To apply please email your resume to [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator