Field Project Manager - Are you ready to make a difference?
School Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and traveling into uncharted territories together. - Are you ready to join us on the journey?
The Field Project Manager is responsible for providing on-site project management support for large learning environment projects/orders to include attending pre-site visits, initial, final and one-year walkthroughs of project. The Field Project Manager is also responsible for serving as main point of contact on-site during delivery and installation of product for selected high target opportunities/customers. The Field Project Manager serves as the key relationship between the installer partner and School Specialty.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional that wants to be part of a winning team. We give you the opportunity to work at a company where you can contribute, grow, and make your own path to success. The rest is up to you.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- On-site project management support, including on-going communication with the internal Project Management team.
- Enforces project management procedures and processes to support Company standards, departmental standards, and strategic directives.
- Works as on-site customer and installer liaison for project execution, completion, punch-out, and warranty resolution.
- Inspects project site daily and works with contractors to monitor and manage all activities at project sites.
- Participates in developing contingency plans for project management exceptions that occur in the construction environment.
- Provides proper training to installation partners to aid in an efficient work-site, and to help drive down installation costs
- Assists in providing a network of qualified installation companies, capable of meeting installation demands associated with the territory.
- Ensures the completion of projects on schedule, within the determined financial goals, in accordance with contract specifications, meeting established quality standards and to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
- Supports the sales efforts in their designated regions.
- Participates in high-level presentations as a key team member with the intent of securing opportunities.
- Maintains safe and healthful working conditions within stewardship by ensuring all associates, contractors, and vendors comply with company safety policies and procedures.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. If you share our passion, we need to talk.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in field construction management or related area.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the fields of project management and construction.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to interact face-to-face with customers.
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification desirable
- Strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to work independently, and with limited supervision.
- Ability to flex responsibilities in response to business needs.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience, and/or ability to read architectural blueprints preferred.
Change is part of our daily routine, which means you have the chance to leverage your creativity and imagination every day. You’ll be encouraged to push the envelope, to lead through action, and to innovate regardless of your role. We’re shooting for nothing short of greatness. These aren’t just words, this is how we work. Are you up for it?
Imagine what we could do together.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Resourcefulness – Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Manages Conflict – Handling conflict solutions effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Builds Networks – Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Email blocked - click to apply and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Hardworking And Dedicated