Develops and maintains a moderately complex to complex integration/solution architecture under direction of more experienced personnel, for projects and/or domains that support the most efficient, reliable, scalable and secure solutions to meet the business needs and technology strategy; this includes planning, evaluating, recommending and designing solutions to ensure technology projects are cost- effective, compliant with enterprise policies and corporate technology standards and do not diverge from business and technology strategies.Primary Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) related to assigned projects/lines of business (LOBs), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the LOB or domain's targeted business outcomes.
- Contribute to design of a solutions architecture for identified medium complexity projects or domain research efforts, or projects based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements. Obtain peer reviews for feedback and consensus.
- Contribute to developed roadmaps and reference architecture patterns.
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with overall enterprise architecture.
- Understand cybersecurity principles. Identify and address impacts to ensure solutions architecture designs comply with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Understand Corporate Technology standards and ensure solutions fully comply. Recommend exceptions where appropriate.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Support and contribute to the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns related to assigned domain or LOB to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Support governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Participate in evaluating and selecting software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work, leveraging appropriate Enterprise Architecture tools.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for design, remediation and delivery of business solutions on enterprise digital and mobile platforms
- Drives the technical vision and design for creating compelling, pragmatic solutions that are persuasive to a business audience and actionable to a technical team
- Defines high-level technical architecture to balance desirable user experience, performance solution, pragmatic operational design and suitability for client environment
- Oversees delivery of projects from planning through execution, taking accountability for successful customer and financial outcomes
- Manages multiple client relationships and executive-level relationships, influencing the continuation and expansion of engagements
- Documents target architecture and evaluate different options
- Identifies emerging technologies with consideration paid to agile frameworks and client strategy, and evangelizes their adoption and skill growth around them
- Helps teams and employees navigate complex client environments, technical constraints, process impediments, and politics
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years' operational/technical experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
- In lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years' operational/technical experience
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related degree
- 10+ years of professional experience in IT or consulting with focus on software development
- 5+ years of experience leading software or project teams
- Conversant in wide-ranging application development technologies that are likely to be in use or ought to be in use at our enterprise-scale clients. Needs to have significant architecture experience in complex environments
- Experience with the following technologies: Java, Spring, EJP, Angular, Core, Websphere, node.js and cache and middleware technologies
- Create technical documentation, including system architecture and design, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, and class diagrams
- Developed mobile and web applications utilizing technologies, frameworks, and tools such as .Net, Java, Node.JS, Servlets, JSF, Spring, and Hibernate, AJAX, IOS, Android
- Develop an application's user interface using SPA, JSPs, AJAX, JSON,
- Implement REST based web services and knowledgeable on API and service management
- Architect and deliver complete mobile and web technical solutions for business outcomes
- Integrate disparate enterprise applications and data sources and incorporate SOA principles
- Knowledge of architectural, design, and coding best practices, including the ability to devise, defend, and communicate them to developer teams
- Proficient in troubleshooting and solving technical challenges common to large IT organizations trying to meet ever-rising expectations of the business while coping with complex legacy systems and other integration constraints
- Understanding of various software delivery methodologies (waterfall, iterative, Agile), when and how to implement them successfully, and their respective pros and cons
- Ability to clearly and confidently explain the business relevance and value of the above topics to executive and non-technical audiences
- Understands the financial factors in a project and how to plan and drive projects for financial success
- Experience working within Agile teams
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: R05408
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
M&T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, M&T Bank provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to consumer, business and government clients.
- One of the 20 largest U.S.-based commercial banks
- $123 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015
- 3.8 million customers
- 17,000+ team members
- 800+ domestic full-service branches
- 1,600+ ATMs
- Online banking (mtb.com) and mobile devices
We’re headquartered in Buffalo NY, and we are organized around 17 community bank regions lead by local regional presidents. This means decisions about loans and community activities are made locally, by the people in the bank who know the community best.
Of the largest 100 banks operating in 1983, only 23 remain today. Among the remaining, M&T ranks 1st in stock price growth.
M&T has been profitable for 158 consecutive quarters—more than 39 straight years.
View the full profile