To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Research Assistant - Animal Operations
Apex Life Sciences • Madison, WI
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you looking for a science or laboratory research job? Are you a science graduate? Do you want to gain incredible experience while growing your career?
Apex Life Science is hiring Study Technicians (Research Assistants) for our Animal Operations facility for our Madison, WI laboratory. Relocation and Interview Travel Assistance is provided.
As a Research Assistant for Apex Life Sciences you will collect, document, and manage pertinent data related to toxicology studies, including laboratory animal observations, test material administration and sample collection. Excellent training and mentorship is provided.
As a Research Assistant with Company you will receive a competitive hourly rate, medical/dental/vision benefits, 21 days of paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k – and other excellent benefits.
Here are some job responsibilities you can expect:
- Assess and document clinical observations (body weight data, food consumption data, environmental data), and other data on the appropriate data collection system.
- Interpret a protocol.
- Perform study management, data organization, QA audit response, internal and external client communication skills, and quality check procedures.
- Ensure that a study is conducted according to protocol, SOPs and government regulations.
- Perform basic dosing techniques and restraint procedures.
- Maintain animal rooms and equipment in compliance with AAALAC requirements.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and corrective action, when necessary.
- Some things we would like you to know:
- Overtime and weekend work as required at times.
- For the safety of our employees - mandatory immunizations and screenings are required.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology, or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology, or Associate Degree in Histology with 0-2 years of related experience.
-Additional pay for AALAS-certified individuals may be offered.
-Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
-No experience is required if you meet the education requirements.
-0-2 years of related external experience based on education.
-A minimum of 6 months experience as a Study Tech Trainee while employed at company, or a minimum of two years of related experience may be substituted for education requirements
- Overtime and weekend work as required.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
- May work with potentially hazardous substances not limited to known /potential teratogens or carcinogens and/or radiolabeled test materials.
- Work will require PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals (ie rodents, canine, primates, rabbits, pigs, etc).
- Must be able to work in small or confined spaces.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.