To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irving, TX 75015
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
User Interface Engineer - Lead
Allstate Insurance Company • Irving, TX
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Creative Technology team is paving the way for a next generation UI Engineer role within an evolving enterprise that operates at the intersection of design and technology.
Allstate UI engineers are passionate about applying new UI technologies and trends to simplify the interface between the human and the machine. As front-end developers, we are seamlessly connecting brand language, technology stacks, product codebases and experiences. As UX engineers we deploy production codebase and ship solutions to user problems across products and enterprise.
Ideal candidates will apply their knowledge of front-end technologies working in an innovative and collaborative environment experimenting with UI concepts in partnership with designers and software engineers, produce industry leading solutions to user problems using technologies – UI development, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and mobile development.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about their craft and have enterprise GUI development fundamentals with a focus on conversational VUI trends and standards. Experience and interest in Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, and Machine Learning.
- Focus on conversational UI and help drive the enterprise digital Voice UI development standards
- Explore cutting edge technologies and UI trends, prototype and develop product concepts for Voice and Bot applications that work within the overall system architecture
- Partner with design, product and engineering teams to iterate on design concepts and ideas and deliver shippable graphical and voice interfaces
- Unify and enhance digital experiences by providing front-end coding expertise across various voice and bot frameworks
- Embrace latest UI development standards and best practices to streamline code development and gain operational efficiency
- 9+ years of experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Fine Arts or related technical field or equivalent working experience.
- Experience with front end technologies and frameworks.
- Experience with DialogFlow, Watson, Alexa Skills Kit/Lex or similar voice frameworks
- Experience coding websites that adhere to Web Accessibility standards.
- Proficient with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or LESS.
- Proficient using test-driven development.
- Experience implementing Chatbots for large-scale enterprise implementation.
- Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5, CSS3, and ES6.
- Working knowledge of component based frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular v2+, or other similar frameworks.
- An eye for design and empathy towards the user experience.
- Best practices for performance optimization (quantitative and perceived) as well as experience in continuous integration and delivery environments.
- Working experience of accessibility standards with a focus on the end-user.
- Ability to solve complex problems and adapt when issues arise.
- Ability to collaborate on efforts and apply good communication skills.
- Strategic technical thinking and alignment with business goals.
- Adhere to and participate in the creation of standards for code quality, accessibility, and system performance.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.